Thursday, October 15, 2009

Intro: What this is all about

Welcome!
If you are here your probably either a friend of mine or someone remarkably confused as to why I'm calling God a dork. Well the story behind the title is this. I was at Creation Northwest this last summer (2009) and I was watching Chris Tomlin perform. I'm not a huge Tomlin fan but the beautiful scenery of the Gorge at George, Washington combined with an atmosphere of worship is something to truly be treasured. Tomlin started playing the song "Indescribable," which talks about God placing the stars in the sky and knowing them by name and loving us despite our sin and all of those stereotypical and wonderful things that are contained in most worship songs. For most of the set I was relaxing, lying on my back, stretched out beneath the stars. Right as the band was singing their final chorus, "You placed the stars in the sky and you know them by name... you see the depths of my heart and you love me the same..." I saw a shooting star go flying by in a "blaze of glory." The first thought that ran through my head was, "That was awesome God! You're such a dork! Chris Tomlin's down there singing about how great you are and you're gonna choose a time like this to show off? How cheesy, your such a dork!"
God and I have an understanding. I really like him and he's a big fan of me as well, as that is the case he knows when I call him a dork it's a term of endearment, perhaps I should explain. I have some delightful friends and a wonderful family and the most wonderful thing about most of the people I know is how dorky they are. For example I dated a girl who was about five foot nothing and she had burps that could make the burliest of men feel wussy. For another example my dad; he has this delightful tendency to think that he has responded to whatever question you ask him, when in reality what he really responded with is something like, "Yea, it's in the..." and then he leaves you hanging. Some people would probably tell me that I love all the wrong qualities in people but that doesn't bother me.
Now that we have established that God is a dork, you're probably wondering what this blog is going to be all about. Basically, I want to share with anyone who cares to listen all the things that God shares with me. This will be about life, love, personal struggles, family, and much more I'm sure. My point of view has been described as unique and my connection with God is rather unique as well. I try to hear from the "big guns" upstairs everyday and hopefully the things he shares with me you can be encouraged by as well. In this blog I am going to be myself, I'm going to be honest, and I'm going to do my best to share only what God tells me to share and avoid any self-indulgent crap that most blogs contain. My plan as of now is to have a new post up every week or so.
I suppose that's about all there is to tell about this little blog I've started, I hope you enjoy and don't forget, God loves you and I do too.
-Kendrick

No comments:

Post a Comment